Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Bookstore, Fun Project


Some of the most fun and interesting projects of the campus make their way to my desk, and I am not being facetious. One case in point, is the College's new bookstore website. Currently, the College Bookstore is receiving a much-needed makeover, including new track lighting, wood displays and cubbies, and of course new flooring. The improvements will finally bring the bookstore to the present. (Before I always felt as if I had stepped back into the 80's to shop for my collegial gear.) With the new look comes a new web presence, and my office was asked to stage a photo shoot for the apparel. One of my students in love with fashion immediately stepped up for the task. She researched catalogs, which I'm sure she hated!--now comes the satire. She ironed all the clothing until it was camera ready, as well as coordinated several students to take part in the shoot. To say the least, I know they had fun, and now the hope is that the College may have an updated bookstore website that really shows off the clothing. The newly-improved Bookstore will re-open the first week of August, just in time for the fall rush. The Bookstore website should follow shortly. Click http://www.cofo.edu/bookstore.asp to see the before, check back to see the after.

No comments:

Post a Comment